RB-57A CANBERRA

Adopted by JFK Council, K of C

The RB-57 was built by the Glenn Martin Company under license from English Electric. In 1958, as part of the modernization of the ANG, four units, including the 172nd Tac Recon Squadron at Kellogg Field in Battle Creek, received the RB-57A from the US Air Force. In 1971, the RB-57As at Battle Creek were replaced by Cessna O-2As. RB-57A #52-1485 was restored in 1990 by volunteers from the Battle Creek unit.

AIRCRAFT STATISTICS
Wingspan: 64'
Length: 65' 6"
Height: 15' 7"
Weight: 51,000 lbs.
Engine: Wright J-65-W-5 (2)
Thrust: 7,200 lbs. each
Speed: 600 mph
1st Flight: 1953

Return to Air Park Displays Page

Return to Selfridge Air Museum Home Page