C-131D SAMARITAN

Adopted by the Oakmont Parkway Senior Community Staff

This military version of the Convair 440 airliner was used for personnel, staff transportation, and support missions at Selfridge by the Michigan ANG’s 127th Fighter Wing from 1976 to 1986. The C-131 was range and altitude limited and was without a weather radar. In 1986, when it became logistically unsupportable due to a shortage of reciprocating engine parts, it was replaced by a C-130A .

AIRCRAFT STATISTICS
Wingspan: 105' 4"
Height: 28' 1"
Length: 79' 2"
Weight: 52,414 lbs.
Engine: P&W R-2800-103W (2)
Power: 2,500 hp each
Speed: 314 mph
1st Flight: 1954

Return to Air Park Displays Page

Return to Selfridge Air Museum Home Page